I recently picked up a Canon FD 35-105. Overall I’ve been happy with the lens except that the copy I found was not in the condition as listed on Ebay. It has some slight fungus inside along with what appears to be a slightly loose focus ring. Needed a good basic zoom lens to add too my bag for video. Especially for the meetings I’ve been shooting (I’m shooting one next Tuesday) Hopefully getting the speed booster I ordered by then. Up until now I’ve been shooting with a 12-50 kit lens or a 85mm prime. Yea I need to invest in a good basic camcorder.
Things I like
- Good basic range.
- Good build quality
- Decent macro
- Very sharp for the price
- 72MM filter thread (I can use my existing set of nd filters)
Things I Dislike
- The macro switch is kinda hard to engage
- It’s maximum aperture is 3.5 (2.5 would have been awesome)
- The FD mount (Never been a huge fan of it)
- My copy has what seems to be a slightly loose zoom ring
Heres a test I shot a few months ago.